Printer Fleet Assessment
MyOfficePrinterServices performs a detailed physical assessment of a customer’s output device fleet at customer’s designated locations. This scope of work encompasses device identification and attributes collection and may be expanded to include document workflow analysis including observations, sample collection, interviews, as well as determining employee to device distances and ratios. This type of thorough assessment provides customers insight into rationalizing and optimizing their output device fleets, as well as, an initial understanding of physical workflow variables such as restricted areas, and the physical distribution of working groups.
To successfully assess a company’s output fleet, the customer should be prepared for three different steps to complete the process.
1. Identify assets through existing internal data. An example of this may be capital asset reports and network SNMP device reports (which may contain existing end-user information that may assist with rationalizing or consolidating at future dates)
2. Software data collection agent that captures existing network device information. MYOPS’s DCA’s (Data Collection Agents) is required for the assessment and is downloaded via www.myprintermanager.com. One of our representatives will assist a customer designated IT contact in conducting this portion of our assessment prior to Step 3.
3. Physical onsite assessment that provides customers the specific device capabilities, status, and location. This type of assessment yields direct benefits with larger fleets and multi-site organizations. In many cases devices that are now identified to be under-utilized or over-utilized can be physically redeployed to more suitable areas thus reducing the customer’s Total Cost of Ownership. This type of assessment also helps identify any rogue spending for non-standard devices that increase output costs through additional device supply and support costs.
Technology is critical component to understanding your current fleet state and for making future recommendations. MYOPS has licensed multiple tools that allow us to capture and import the assessment data into our systems from a variety of systems and data sources.
For software based assessments MYOPS utilizes proprietary software to scan the network and discovery devices that are part of the print output fleet. The tool employs a comprehensive discovery technique to visit each address on the subnet specified to determine if a print device is located at that address. The tool allows organizations to scan by IP or MAC Address range and set the option to rescan the network. In most cases this program is installed on a virtual server that has access to all of the assessment subnets
For onsite assessments proprietary software and tablet computers may be used to collect device information during their assessments. With customer provided maps, MYOPS’s Assessment Team will use icon driven technology to display physical device location and selected attributes. In addition to over 30 standard collection fields, customers have the ability to choose unique collection data fields for custom assessments.
Knowledge is Power
MyOfficePrinterServices empowers its clients with the following scope of work and documentation.
A. Determination of the current status of each printing or fax or scanning device or any combination thereof
- IP Address if currently networked
- Serial Number
- Current meter count reading
- Type of accessories (Stacker/stapler, Extended paper trays, Duplexing, Etc)
- Estimated Page-coverage (if available)
B. Physical location of each printing device within the location
- Placement within a floor plan
- Which floor the device is located on
- What room number or office is the device located in, and what type of business is conducted within that room? (Ie. Marketing, Engineering, etc.)
C. Complete set of Current Fleet Analytics including
- Current fleet floor plans highlighting existing devices
- Current condition of each printing device
- Available printing capacity based on the device’s duty cycle
- Recommended printing capacity based on the devices’ duty cycle
- Estimated remaining life of the printing device
- Utilization percentage of printing device if currently monthly printing volume is known or can be determined
- Summary report of workflow analytics
D. Recommended rationalization, replacement or redeployment strategy (Optional)
- Strategic recommendations for improving the efficiency of producing documents at Customer locations
- Specific device-by-device recommendations outlining the recommended device for each location, and whether devices should be retained, removed or replaced
- Current and proposed state floor plans highlighting the existing and proposed state devices
- Summary of proposed cost information
- Summary of associated savings
- Type of replacement devices and their effect on the printing capacity
- Purchasing/leasing options if applicable